Cricklade Manor Prep is an independent prep school that aims to provide a safe, happy environment in which children develop a love of learning and gain the confidence and capability to fulfil their potential.
In order to deliver this overall aim, we will:
Provide a safe and happy environment for all our pupils, staff, parents and visitors
- We will ensure that all members of our school community are committed to safeguarding the children in our care, and we will constantly monitor, evaluate and seek opportunities to improve the security and safety of our site.
- We will encourage a strong sense of unity in our diverse community and provide a safe environment in which our pupils feel happy, comfortable, have the opportunity to learn, play and build friendships across year groups, and in which parents are welcome and actively involved in school life.
- We will provide a strong pastoral system, led by our Form Tutors, in which our children take pride in caring for each other and the school community as a whole.
Expect and reward good manners, responsible behaviour and a positive attitude in all our pupils
- We will maintain a clear and fair system for managing our pupils’ conduct, reward kind and positive behaviour and ensure that rules and consequences are well understood and consistently applied.
- We will take every opportunity to reinforce the good manners and respectful attitude we expect from our pupils and give our eldest pupils positions of responsibility through which they can be role models.
- We will promote a culture where children, through natural enthusiasm, contribute to the school and develop decision making skills which are used to contribute to the school’s development.
Engender a love of learning in every pupil through an exciting, engaging and relevant curriculum
- We will develop and deliver a curriculum which is exciting, challenging and relevant, encompassing enrichment days, an integrated use of technology in the classroom and actively create opportunities for children to learn across subjects and year groups.
- We will recruit and retain teachers with a real passion for their subjects, provide them with support and training to continuously enhance their practice, and ensure they have the resources and equipment necessary to engage their classes and develop independent learners.
Provide every pupil with the opportunity, the confidence and the support to achieve amazing things.
- We will provide opportunities for all our pupils to excel, through the curriculum, sports, creative arts and through a broad range of extra-curricular activities, and support them to achieve their goals.
- We will build our pupils’ confidence in the classroom, on the sports pitch, on stage and in the playground, encouraging them to use their initiative, build skills, knowledge and understanding and to recognise the value of learning from mistakes.
Prepare children for life after Cricklade Manor Prep School
- We will maintain close links with independent, state and grammar senior schools and help parents to identify and secure entry to the most appropriate senior school for their child, tailoring our support to the specific requirements of each child.
- We will develop children’s ability to work both independently and collaboratively, showing self-discipline, communication and leadership skills to prepare them for life in the wider world.
- We will ensure our Year 6 leavers are confident, resilient, well prepared and excited about taking the next step into senior school.