Year 4 Pitt Rivers Museum Trip
The Year 4 children will take part in tailored, interactive workshops led by a member of the educational team. They will learn about the famous Victorian Explorer and
The Year 4 children will take part in tailored, interactive workshops led by a member of the educational team. They will learn about the famous Victorian Explorer and his vast collection of artifacts from around the world, all located in this special and unique museum.
We will participate in the Ancient Egyptian workshop in the morning, during a guided tour round the Museum pupils become detectives and search for objects that tell us about life in Ancient Egypt and they will handle artefacts.
In the afternoon, we will learn about ‘masks’ from different cultures and periods in time from around the world, consider why people wear masks and how they are used in celebrations, performances or ceremonies. We will look closely at artefacts and take time to sketch and develop observation studies in our art sketchbooks in preparation for developing some mask ideas to create back in school during our art lessons for our forthcoming Junior Production.
Your child will need to bring the following into school for the outing;
- Please come into school in normal school uniform and blazers
- Named ruck-sack as pupils will be required to carry their school packet lunch, drinks, sketchbook and their own art materials themselves
- A full water bottle named
- Light-weight rain coat/school coat that fits in their ruck sack – named
- Pencil case with a good selection of colouring pencils, HB pencil, black pen, sharpener and eraser
- Please can pupils NOT bring any electronic equipment
A packed lunch and breaks will be provided by the school.
All Day (Thursday)